Tuesday, May 24, 2016

5

We went in to my last OB visit today before labor.  Everything looked great.  The NST showed very good results (which is usually the case), and the OB and I had a very productive discussion about what to expect with the induction next week.  Between last week and now, we found out that the placenta has indeed "migrated" away from the cervix - far enough that they are no longer worried about having to schedule a C-section.  Phew.  Induction it is then.  He checked my cervix but warned me that at 35+5, a low score didn't mean much, that there was tons of time left, and that modern medicines meant that inductions (even ones for a non-ripe cervix) are much easier than they used to be.

But good news came as he conducted the exam, at 35+5 I'm 1 cm dilated and 70% effaced with a soft cervix.  YES!!!  That still only adds up to a Bishop score of 5, which makes a successful induction (as of right now, today) not very successful, but I imagine that's quite a bit of progress since there's still 9 days left.

I'm in the books to meet you baby.  Thursday, June 2nd at 8 AM.

Unreal guys.



No comments:

Post a Comment