Sunday, August 18, 2013

AJ is Four Months!

AJ, you're four months today!

Physical: I think you're 18 lbs and maybe 27 inches?  Not sure, we'll find out at your 4 month appt next week! You've got a head full of "real" hair but still some little wisps of long hairs from your days in my belly. You're eating sometimes more than I can make for you, and we've broken into our freezer supply of milk!  I'm guessing you'll be ready for solids sooner than we think.

Personality:  You're such an easy going baby, you'll hang out with everyone and you're very generous with your smiles.  You still have a shy smile, but sometimes if we're lucky, that morphs into a full belly laugh.  You adore your grandparents, all of them.  You love playtime, especially outside with ma ma and gong gong, who babysit you when I'm gone at work.

Milestones: You've learned how to roll from belly to back and you're actively working on rolling back to belly.  You're developed an iron grip with your fists and you've learned to pull my hair!  You also learned hammer time (exactly what it sounds like) with your right arm.  You've also learned to sleep without being swaddled, which is AWESOME.  :) You're still drooling lots, and any day now I'm expecting to see some of those little teeth sprout out.

You're growing up so fast that I'm not sure if I can still call you a baby.  You're always trying different things now, and always wanting to do things you're not ready to do.  The other day, you stood (with your daddy's assistance) for almost an hour while we watched TV.  You're needing us less and less now. You still love cuddling with me, but only when you're really tired and ready to sleep.  I know that soon, you're not gonna wanna be seen cuddling with your mama, and I'm going to miss this so much.

Happy Four Months, Austin Jonah.

Love,
Mommy.





No comments:

Post a Comment