Saturday, August 24, 2013

Naptime

It's funny how naptime's evolved so much from day 1 of AJ's life to now.  Seems like it changes ALL THE TIME.

Here's naptime, from AJ's perspective:

Weeks 1-2:
Who: anyone can put me to sleep (naptime or bedtime)
How: pretty much any way you want.  I just sleep, I'm not picky.
When: all day long, I had no sense of time.
Where: anywhere, but mostly a rotation between my Pack and Play or someone's arms.

Weeks 3-5:
Who: anyone can put me to sleep still, I'd prefer it if you know what you're doing though
How: I need to be swaddled to be able to sleep. I always sleep in my Pack and Play at night.  For naptime, you're stuck with giving me a binky to calm me down, holding me in your arms and walking around, then swaddling me, then softly laying me down in my Pack and Play.
When: all day long, I still have no appreciable sense of time.
Where: Your arms > Moby wrap > Pack and Play

Weeks 6-10:
Who: anyone can put me to sleep still, I'd prefer either my mom or someone with strong arms, since I'm quickly gaining weight
How: I NEED to be double swaddled before I can sleep.  Rocking is also a must.  Don't forget the binky.  I will not nap without my binky.
When: about 6 times a day, anywhere from 1-2 hours at a time.  Often times, I'll wake up after the hour, and need to be transferred elsewhere.
Where: Your arms, with you sitting still > sleeping next to you on the couch, pulled out > carrier > Swing > Pack and Play > my own crib (naps only, I love my crib at night!) > carseat carrier > the ground with a blanket on it

Weeks 11-14:
Who: anyone can put me to sleep still, but I now have a strong preference for my mom.
How: I no longer need to be swaddled, as long as you hold me.  But it HAS to be dark.  No exceptions. Oh, and I need my binky or it'll be the end of the world.
When: about 5 times a day still, anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours at a time.  My AM nap is longest and the naps gets shorter as the day moves on, with my last nap around 8-10 PM.
Where: You guys had to take the bassinet part of the Pack and Play down since I hit the weight limit.  Too bad I hate the regular pack and play.  So you guys got rid of that too.  Back to the good old fashioned, arms!!!

Weeks 15-18:
Who: I have a strong preference for my ma-ma (grandma Lee) and gong gong (grandpa Wong) now.  Mom is fine too...but I don't need her to hold me all the time, I want her to put me down on the couch a lot
How: It HAS to be dark and I HAVE to have my binky.  Sometimes, you guys put a rag over my head to make it darker.  Oftentimes, you will need to put me into the beco to induce sleep.
When: about 4 times a day, 9-11 AM, 1-4 PM, 6-7 PM, and 9-10 PM...ish.
Where: your arms = couch = carrier > crib > swing > car seat carrier > the ground


We'll see how this goes soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment