Monday, August 12, 2013

It Takes A Village

One of the mommies that I usually sit next to in mom's group graduated today.  It's tradition for the graduating mommies to make a graduation speech, with any advice they'd offer new moms. 

The one thing that she said that really resonated is the notion that it takes a village.

Duh.

It takes a village to raise a child, but it also takes a village to raise a mom.

I cannot agree with her more.  Over the past 16 weeks, I've grown so much as a mom.  But it's not all my doing, and not even all of AJ's doing.  It's everyone.  I can't count how many times my husband encouraged me to keep going, despite wanting to give up all the time.  All the times that I called my mom late at night and my dad when my mom's at work.  All the times I counted on my mother in law to make my son laugh when I'm away at work.  The countless time my friends -  men and women alike offered their open arms to both AJ and I.  The many many many times my moms' groups buddies came to the rescue with new ideas and kind words.  It really does take a village.

So if I haven't thanked you guys recently, THANK YOU!  Thank you for the support, time, food, hugs, advice, tissues, hand-me-downs, naps, date nights, presents, memories, and of course, LOVE.



No comments:

Post a Comment