Tuesday, October 22, 2013

6 months and some vomit

AJ turned 6 months on Friday the 18th!

I'm unfortunately going to keep this post short, as I'm laying on my belly, 12 inches away from a sick kiddo who is sleeping soundly RIGHT now, but just might turn over and vomit on me any second now...

6 totally awesome things that happened in the 6 days around AJ's 6 month birthday:

1. He started sitting up.  FOR REAL.  Like back straight and everything!

2. We graduated from mom's group.  It was a very bittersweet day, but I felt like we were ready for it (to be posted another day, or maybe even tonight if he lets me)

3. He ate avocados and smeared his face green.  Green like a baby Frankentstein.  It was so awesome.

4. He went to his first swimming lesson. EVER!  Got submerged in a "guided" swim.  Got cranky, but got a great start to swimming.

5. He clocked in at 29 inches (well over 97 percentile) in height, 20 lbs 8 ounces in weight (90% percentile), took his shots like a champ, and even had his first big boy lab draw (heartbreaking to watch them extract blood).

6. He vomited on my piano 6 hours ago.  Yup, little boy is sick...or having some type of mild reaction to the vaccines...or ate too fast...or all of the above.  I dunno. All I know is he vomited on my piano.  And MIL painstaking scrubbed down each key for me.  I love her :) oh well.  Sick child = I get to cuddle.  Win for me.

Happy 6 months, AJ!

No comments:

Post a Comment