But right around 4 months, he STOPPED. Yeah, like completely un-learned how to roll over. He picked it up again a couple of weeks ago, but still only does it about once every 5 days. And that's still belly to back. Back to belly? Yeah right.
The last few days have been strange. Lots of weird stuff happening, including a stomach bug (see last post). The other "weird" behavior I noticed was that he was arching his back A LOT. Like in his sleep, in his jumperoo, in my arms, you get the picture. After he started vomiting yesterday, I started FREAKING OUT (yeah, I'm a little bit of a hypochondriac). OMG. Could it be acid reflux? Pyloric stenosis? Is he arching his back because he's in pain?!??!?!
And then today, it all became clear.
We were laying on the ground with me next to the top of his head, "reading" a picture book to him. He was starting to arch his back and I could feel my goosebumps rising, as I anticipate with fear that he was going to throw up or something. But instead, with one swift motion of a back arch, AJ flipped over onto his belly, for the first time ever!!! My husband walked through the door JUST in time to see his happen.
DUH. He was practicing arching his back so he could use the momentum he generates to roll from back to belly. DUH!!!
Might be time to start baby proofing soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment