Wednesday, January 29, 2014

CIO Night 1

Yeah, no.

All that crap I said the night before about this too shall pass?  Yeah, I threw that out the window tonight.  After the measly...3? hours of sleep from last night (about 2 of those spent in the rocking chair).  And this is after an hour of labor-intensive go the F*** to sleep soothing (not me, my husband did that. But still, he's on my team so that counts).

That couple with just...other things that was really questioning my being a good mother.

We decided to do it.

Cry. It. Out.

Let's start by what cry it out is.  It's exactly what you think it is.  Letting your baby cry to exhaustion.  The first night is the worst. But then it gets better.  Night two should be less crying.  Night three should be less time spent crying, etc etc etc. Some people do a modified version by going in to "check" on the baby every few minutes, going longer each time.  For us, especially with seperation anxiety being such a problem, we elected just to leave him alone.

So when the time came (8:27 PM today), I nursed him, kissed him goodnight, set him in the crib, shut the door, and left.

IT WAS HARD.

I had to go downstairs and do chores to distract myself, then go upstairs to shower.  My mom called me and I talked to her for a while.  Then I showered.  I couldn't bear looking at the monitor. Cause I I'd find is AJ standing there, holding the rail, crying his face off, looking for his mommy. It took 30 minutes for him to stop crying.

Then this happened.


He sat like that for 17 minutes resisting sleep before he finally fell over and passed out.

WE WIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment