Thursday, June 23, 2016

Poop and prizes

Today is 2.0's actual due date.  Happy due date, baby!


I'm certain that my bathroom scale is not very accurate, but if its anywhere close to being even kind of accurate, then it's safe to say that this baby is growing like a weed.  He's weighing in around 9 lbs now (will be confirmed tomorrow at his pediatrician's visit).

So, his due date was today, but since he was born 3 weeks early, that makes him actually 3 weeks old tomorrow.  If you can recall, 3 weeks is right around the time when the horrible gas stuff started happening with AJ. Can you guess what 2.0 has started doing this week? I guess I make gassy babies, sigh.

Upon reviewing my last post about gas, I realized there was SO much I forgot about this topic!  here

Well, this time around things are a little bit different too. 2.0 has some constipation issues as well, which per every single internet search I've done with Dr. Google, indicates something is wrong (very rare amongst breastfed newborns).  Our pediatrician seems to think that this is due to being premature - perhaps a sphincter has not fully developed yet.  Whatever is causing it is resulting in hard formed poops instead of the usual newborn running stuff.  Yuck.  We'll get to see her tomorrow though to sort things out.  Best of luck to us.

In other news, I'm gonna take a moment to brag about myself for a bit, cause well, I'm damn proud of myself!  I passed my BCACP exam! About 10 months ago, I made a pact with 2 other pharmacist friends to start studying for our board certification credentials. For those who don't know, the BPS exams are intense 200-question comprehensive examinations that cover something like 30 categories of topics of various pharmacy practice areas. The earned credentials supposedly confer pharmacist specialist statuses - or at least tells folks that you were committed to studying for this crazy exam.  I agreed to study for it 2 months before I found out that I was pregnant with 2.0.  To me, now is the time to do this - or else, studying with TWO kids would be impossible.  So, we studied.  Independently during the week, and did practice test questions together on weekends.  I stole time away from naptimes to get the necessary work done. Many lectures were listened to via podcast in my car.  There were some late nights.  There were A LOT of days where I doubted myself and told myself that I couldn't do it, but my group kept me strong.  Then, things got impossibly tough - when my mom's cancer relapsed, when my pregnancy suddenly turned into a high risk pregnancy, when work got more complicated, when M's family needed our help... all these things happened and I thought that it was life's way of telling me that I should not be doing this.  But guess what? All these things happened AFTER I registered to take the exam, so I did it anyway.

And this week, all that hard work has paid off for those 5 letters.

B.C.A.C.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment