Friday, June 10, 2016

Separation anxiety

We wanted everything to stay as stable as possible for AJ when 2.0 arrived. So even though it doesn't make a ton of financial sense, we decided to keep AJ in daycare, per his usual schedule.  The idea was, 2 days a week when baby arrives (his usual schedule), then graduating up to 3 days a week when daddy returns to work in 4 weeks, then finally transitioning up to 4 days a week when I go back to work at the end of 16 weeks.  All in the name of making the transition easier for big brother.

I never thought sending him off to daycare would be this hard...for me.

This morning, he cried and cried.  He gave me four "big high fives," two on each hand.  He gave me a million kisses.  He hugged me tons.  He begged his dad not to take him away.  He made me watch him get into the car.

And right before his door closed, he said "mama, don't play with my trains til I'm home OK?"

That's when I lost it.  Heck I'm losing it right now writing this post.  My sweet sweet boy, after a whole year of going to daycare, today was the hardest day saying "bye bye" to you.

My super silly 3 year old AJ


No comments:

Post a Comment