Thursday, August 18, 2016

Mom's night out

I did it, I left my two kids again!

This time, to attend/host a baby shower for my dear friend from mom's group who'd moved out to the other side of the state (she was in town for a wedding).  Because she's the last one in the group to have a 2.0, naturally none of us really wanted to host and cook for the occasion.  So we went out and had a nice night out, complete with happy hour.

IT WAS A BLAST!

I don't remember having had this much fun for a long time! I mean - we spent the majority of the evening talking about our kids and commiserating about parenthood with two small ones, but man it was so much fun and so good for the mama spirit.

Traditionally, in our mom's group, we ALWAYS do a craft along with food for a baby shower.  Because this was at a restaurant, crafting was sort of out of question...sort of.  I put my creative hat on and pulled together a quick craft.  I bought a pack of diapers and brought some sharpies.  I bought a cute beach-themed box I found at Home Goods to keep the diapers.  I had each of us write an inspirational message for mama to read during those late night diaper changes. I told her that even though we're far away, we wanted to show her that we're still with here, even at those late night changes.  It was a hit!  We even saved a few for her older son to decorate.

What a night.

Also, tonight was the first time M had to take care of the two kids alone - and put them to bed too, not an easy feat, even with 2.0 (the most laid back baby ever).  At first, his mom (who was over for dinner) insisted on staying, but he kicked her out and made her go home (wow, proud of him!).  He then played in the park with both kids, then bathed and put the big one to bed, fed the little one, played with the little one, and got him asleep all before I got home too.

This mama is in heaven right now.

Oh, and I just bought two pairs of buttery leggings for myself.  Life is goooooood right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment