With the great help of four of our best friends, we were able to make it out to our cousin's wedding this weekend without kids!
5 hours without kids! You couldn't even tell that we're running on 4 hours of sleep here!
The story of 4 sitters. There was one at first, our dear friend who took the day off to come watch my kids (thanks, K). Then, another friend with a 3 month old baby was recruited to come play/watch the kids. Then, another friend decided to come, and bring Popeyes for dinner. And finally, K's husband, E also came after his shift, what a trooper.
I will not lie, I had a LOT of anxiety leading up to leaving my two kids with my friends. Sadly, NOT because I was apprehensive about leaving my baby for the first time (2.0's are awesome like that). The anxiety stems from the hellish tantrum phase that my AJ is going through right now (more to follow, in what is probably going to be a multi-part series in the next few days about this). He's seriously CRAZY right now. I learned after returning home for the night that he'd learned to call one of aunties "nasty nasty." and he also told her to go die when she asked for some of his mac and cheese. WHAT. THE. FUCK.
It's late so I'm out, but promise, more to follow on AJ's craziness....

No comments:
Post a Comment