Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Metamorphosis

It's been a long two weeks, to say the least.  Something was always going down in our house - if not the hubby being ill, then the big boy.  If not them, then me.  Of course, all while this was happening, little 2.0 went through what seemed like a 2 week-long sleep regression and growth spurt.

Don't get me wrong, 2.0 is a very laid back child.  But going from sleeping 3-4 hour stretches at night back down to 1-2 hours at a time can be very trying, even if he's not crying when he wakes.

Last night was particularly trying.  I had a 2-day long headache I was dealing with.  2.0 was recovering from his 2 month shots, so he was particularly vocal about his discomfort.  He woke up almost every hour on the dot.  Not to eat though.  Just to snuggle and get my company.  Though, when it was happening, I had no idea that he was not eating, so really, it was him getting snuggles and my boob leaking all over the place while I held him and slept in the rocker in his room.

I can't count the number of times I feel asleep like that last night... and the nights before that in the last 2 weeks.

Luckily, as a second time mama, I remembered that when times are tough, and it feels like we're in the midst of a giant storm, there always seems to be a reward at the end of the stormy period.  I knew 2.0 was working on developing something awesome.  I just didn't know what it was just yet.

Today, that something happened.


He SMILED for the first time!

Happy 2 month birthday, 2.0, my sweet sweet sweet boy.



2.0's 2 month stats:
height: 24 inches
weight: 13 lbs 12 oz
skills:  smiles!


No comments:

Post a Comment