Saturday, March 8, 2014

Confessions of a shopaholic

OK here goes...

Everyone has an obsession that wills them to spend an ungodly amount of time, money, or whatever on.  For some it's cars.  For some it's purses.  Mine? Aden and Anais muslin baby blankets.

If you're a mom and you haven't heard of Aden and Anais yet...run.  Or you too, will get sucked in.

When AJ was born, I had the one set of Aden and Anais blankets that I received as a shower gift. Stand set of muslin swaddles by the Target line.  Nothing fancy, it did its job.  Then, one day, out of sheer boredom (yes, a very rare moment as a new mom), I ventured onto a Facebook B/S/T site that sold boutique baby stuff.  To be honest, I can't even remember what I was looking for.  I'm pretty sure part of me was just curious why someone would spend SO much money buying something for a baby.  

Then one day, out of sheer curiosity of how the "boutique" line was different from the Target line, I bought one.

...uh oh.

Now, I live in a world of HTFs (hard-to-find patterns), customs (you can sew multiple swaddles together to make layered blankets), and soooooo much more.  

In just 6 short months,  my collection has grown to 7 swaddles (including the original 4 I had), 1 cozy (a two-layer hard to find blanket), 4 burpy bibs, 6 snap bibs, 3 4-layer sleep sacks, and one dream blanket (a four-layer muslin blanket).  That's not including the gazillions of baby shower and baby gifts I've bought from this brand...  What's funny is, that's "nothing" compared to the ladies of that B/S/T page I mentioned (one of them took a stash shot of her stuff, it's an entire bookshelf full).  
I just bought another swaddle today. I stopped swaddling my son 6 months ago.  BUT, they're soooo versatile, you can use them as nursing covers, blankets, burp cloths, shawls, blah blah blah blah blah....

Do I have a problem? Yes.  Definitely.








No comments:

Post a Comment