These days AJ's been eating semi-grown up foods. He's DONE with purees (as in, if it's a thin liquid that's not milk or water and you spoon-feed him, he'll spit it back out at you).
I'm not a huge fan of finger feeding. At least not with my little monster. He picks up the food, squeezes it in his fist to a pulp, and then drops it to the ground (dog says, NOM NOM NOM!). He'll only let you spoon feed him food if 1) he's really hungry or 2) it's reeeeally delicious/new.
So what did I do? I gave him a fork. Yes, before you judge me about giving my 10 month old sharp pokey objects, hear me out. We use this fork and spoon set at home. The fork is shaped very much like the spoon, and so the edges are pretty rounded.
I served him the fork with a piece of plum skewered on it yesterday morning and....SUCCESS!
He LOVES the ability to self-feed. Sometimes, he even brings it above his head and does a fancy airplane gesture. When he's all done with the bite, he even puts the fork down and claps for himself.
My big boy. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment