Monday, March 24, 2014

Poop pushes you to the next level.

Today was about the fastest I've ever independently put on the Beco with AJ on my back.

About a half an hour ago, I let the dog out to do her business in the yard. We have a pad in the backyard that she's been trained to pee on.  About 99% of the time, she pees. She usually prefers to poop on her walk.  Today, she decided to poop.

Crap.  Literally.

So as quickly as I can, I grabbed her poop bags and went out to pick up after her (baby is inside the house, playing with his race cars like usual). Meanwhile, the dog is also making a beeline for the door to come in, because...who knows why.  She's a dog.  Well, I was super proud of myself for picking up her stuff and not leaving it for hubby later.  Until I came into the house and smelled something foul.  I looked down at my feet and realized that, yes, she brought some of it back into the house (stupid long butt fur) and it is now squished between my new beautiful Nike socks and my floors.

Oh. shit.

UGHHHH. So I peeled off the sock to get it disinfected (18 gallons of water running over it).  And then realized that the sockless foot just so happened to squish down on ANOTHER pile that she must have flung off, in the bathroom.

DOUBLE SHIT.

Needless to say, I used up an entire bag of disinfectant wipes on my feet (with baby in my arms...can't bear to think about the possibility of additional landmines in the kitchen) then proceeded to put baby in the Beco on my back as fast as I could.  It couldn't take taken seriously more than 5 seconds this time.  My first time super successfully putting him on my back without the assistance of a couch, bed, person, car, etc.

Half hour of disinfecting the entire first floor (enzyme cleaner then old school mopping with 7th Gen detergent (the only thing I feel comfortable enough to clean with knowing that baby is crawling around everywhere, then enzyme cleaner again rinsed with water), baby is fast asleep in the Beco.  My reward, I guess.

I need to get myself some baby safe cleaner that's not laundry detergent :(

No comments:

Post a Comment