Friday, June 14, 2013

AJ's first shots

Little man had his 2 month appointment yesterday, which means, yes, LOTS of shots. 3 in the thigh and one oral.  He actually took the shots like a champ - cried for just a second or so then calmed down and decided that the doctor's instruments were more interesting.

But then, hours later, the real fun began.

At around 8 PM (3 hours after), the crying starts.  I mean CRYING. He was clearly tired too, yawning everywhere, but would not fall asleep no matter how he was held or soothed.

1030 PM - finally fell asleep on a pile of blankets while laying on top of daddy on the couch.

11 PM - we made the horrible realization that someone was likely going to spend the night on the couch with him, but was determined to try to put him in the crib anyway

11 PM - 12 AM - we decided to try to put him in his crib anyway.  Fed him a little (he clearly did not want to eat), put him down and he's whimpering sobbing the whole time.  Eventually, he falls asleep at 12 AM.  SUCCESS!

3 AM - wakes up (hungry, I presume?) ANGRY!  Ate barely enough to consider it a feeding but then fell right back asleep.

3-4:30AM:  wakes up like every frickin minute. You can tell he's angry. I'm sad cause there's actually tears when he's crying.  And he's learned somehow to sob?

4:30 AM: I decide to give up, scoop him up, and we sleep while I'm holding him downstairs on the couch

4:30 AM - 3 PM:  Pretty much slept the whole time, with me holding him.  Wakes up only for food and diaper changes.  Just started looking more "alive" just now wanting to play after a giant fart.

other observations:
-pooped twice in the night (he almost never poops in the middle of the night)
-lots of stomach gurgling
-no fever whatsoever
-much smaller appetite

So now I know.  Next time, we're scheduling his vaccinations for a Friday so I can have the weekend to "deal" with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment