Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Come out already, teeth!


Ughhh.

Little fat boy has been teething for what seems like months now.  At first, it was just a lot of drooling, and then it turned into a bit of gnawing, and then there was some lip chewing, and now, the moodiness.

The little AJ I've come to known over the last five months is one who is generous with smiles, patient with people, and confident about who he is.  Over the past week, he's morphed into an angry, irritable, inpatient, needy child. Occasionally, we still see glimpses of the smiling, bright personality.  But much of this has been overshadowed by the discomfort of his two bottom almost-teeth.

Oh, and did I mention?  He's sleeping less and less now. UGHHHHH.

We're finding ways to help alleviate things.  I don't want to consider medicating him unless he breaks out in fever or start to show signs of a lot of discomfort.

So far, here's what we've tried:
-Sophie the Giraffe
-Wet wash cloths, frozen
-Razzberry teether (just bought today, actually)
-My fingers
-Teething/nursing necklaces
-Any type of distraction (music, taking him outside, carrying in a carrier, etc)

I just gotta remember, this too shall pass!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment