We introduced the cheapo Gerber nipples to AJ a few days ago, and by golly, the boy loves them. He finishes his 4 ounce bottle in like 5 minutes without complaints. I mean, he really sucks them dry.
So last night, on a grocery trip to Freddies, I decided to invest in a few more of those bad boys. They're a 1.49 each which includes a 8 ounce plastic BPA free bottle, a bottle collar, and a silicone nipple. Not the cheapest they get, but saves me an extra trip to Target. Plus, come on. 1.50 for a bottle is pretty damn good. So we bought 2 more.
I went home and separated one of the bottles from the packaging (which is essentially a cardboard ring, no where NEAR tamper-proof). I noted a wet spot in the bottle itself. SUSPICIOUS. Then I separated the nipple from the collar and a bit of a cloudy white liquid fell out from the pieces onto the counter. VERY SUSPICIOUS. I picked up the silicone nipple and sniffed it. CONFIRMED.
This bottle's been used. And not washed, might I add. And returned. And sold to me.
Beyond unacceptable. Just gross.
No comments:
Post a Comment