Parenting is hard. But it's worth it. That's a mantra I keep on having to tell myself.
Over the last week, AJ's sleep has regressed again. Which REALLY sucked since I had a huge presentation at work this week to prepare for and three 7 AM shifts to contend with. Since around Monday, he's been waking up every 1-2 hours again. Let me remind you that previously, he's been sleeping 6-7 hour intervals at a time. SOUND asleep. Yeah, I know I'm fortunate to know what sleeping 6-7 hour intervals feel like, as a parent of a 5 month old, but honestly, it's all about what you're used to, and yes I really am that tired.
!@#$%^&*.
We've been through enough sleep regression episodes though in this house to know what to expect. They tend to be short-lived. They will pass. They suck now. They suck BALLS now. But they will pass. And almost every time they happen, something is waiting for us in store. Like a prize at the bottom of a cereal box.
Observe.
5 week regression = learned to smile
8 week regression = learned to hold his neck up by himself
16 week regression = laughing, grabbing, poking/pointing
22 week regression = "dadadada"
Yup, last night, at dinner, he looked up and said "dadadada."
Me (to M): did you hear that? He's trying to say "dada!"
M: that can be many things, probably not trying to say "dada"
AJ: "babababa"
Me: see! He's trying to tell you something (baba = dad in Chinese)
M: *proceeds to hug his son*
Yeah yeah, I know, it's not his real first words, but that's not the point. AJ's never used consonants in his speech before, and now he can! He's halfway there to saying daddy! Makes the last few days less gloomy now, in hindsight.
No comments:
Post a Comment