Friday, September 20, 2013

New Pump Ordered!

As many of you may know, I'm currently using a 12 year old hand-me-down Medela pump.

Recently I started noticing that I wasn't able to express as much milk as I used to.  What the heck right?  Well, there's the distinct possibility that I'm making less milk now.  But even then, the pump would sometimes remove just a couple of ounces and leave my boobs feeling full. This is after minutes and minutes on my end of squishing the sisters (milking really, ha!) to get the good stuff out....to no result.

I borrowed a co-worker's pump in style (11+ years newer than mine!) and. WOW. Just wow.  I had no idea what I was missing.  There's an automatic two-phase expression that make the letdown process much easier (e.g. no manual manipulation) and the pressure is much light (yet more efficient) so it doesn't hurt when I pump!   Yeah even on the lowest setting on mine, it always hurt :(

Needless to say, after the 10 ounces of milky goodness that was removed, I caved and decided to buy the new pump.  It's a pretty good deal for a pump so I'm not that sad about ditching the old one. My insurance won't cover it, but that's a story I don't want to get in to.


More to come.

And oh, I realize we're past AJ's 5 month birthday.  Just to lazy to type it all out (little boy is on hour 3 of his nap, due to wake up any time now). More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment