Thursday, July 18, 2013

AJ is 3 months






Dear AJ,

Today, you're 3 months old!  I cannot believe that 13 weeks have flown by!

Your routine: You're sleeping through the night now (or for now at least), about 6-7 hours at a time.  You wake up at 9 AM every day.  You get put in your bouncy seat (or what dad and I call the "poop chair" and it helps you poop every morning. You eat about 6 times a day, and nap a good 4-5 times a day still.  You tolerate the bottle, but definitely prefer food straight from the source. You get a bath every night and get rocked to sleep by either your dad or I.

Your physical development: You're already a big boy and you're still growing.  I'm thinking you're somewhere around 16 pounds now, and maybe 26 inches?  Your baby hair is falling out, but your new hair is just as cute and soft.  You're getting lighter skinned now, though you're still darker than me. A couple of weeks ago, we started noticing teething symptoms...you don't have any yet, but there's no shortage of drool!

Your mental development: You're pretty good at holding your head up by yourself now.  You can do 10 minutes of tummy time by yourself!  Over the last several days, you've started to push yourself up higher on your hands, and have even rolled over several times.  You've just started to grasp things, and though you've not quite mastered this, you're gladly trying to practice.  You've also learned to blow bubbles and you think it's funny.  Speaking of funny, you smile and laugh so much now!  It was just yesterday that you learned how to smile, but it feels new to me every time I see it.

Your personality:  You're a very talkative kid, and you're not shy to share your opinion about things!  Especially when you're not happy about something.  You're generous with smiles, and you're usually the happiest after nap times.  Speaking of, you're one of the only kids I know who refuses to eat if you haven't had enough nap time.  I guess you got that from me.  You still love to cuddle with mom and dad but seem to be quite fond of just about anybody still.

Your favorite toy: For now, it's your friend, Zoey's crinkly soft book. It makes noises you're interested in and has an interesting feel.  Second runner up is the TV, only because mommy is unwilling to admit that you're super fond of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment