Wednesday, July 3, 2013

My new postpartum wardrobe staple

I'm returning to work in 8 days. 8 DAYS. Oh crap.  Need to get my act together.

Obviously, anxiety is back at the house while I prepare for work.  One of the biggest questions is, WHAT AM I GONNA WEAR?!?!?  Mind you, I didn't exactly balloon up abnormally from being preggo (total of 34 lbs gained on the day I delivered him).  I'm still about +8 or so lbs so I'm in that awkward zone where maternity wear is loose... but suddenly, I also have hips now, so none of my work pants fit anymore.  That and with the pumping-at-work ordeal, I figured most of the dresses that I normally wear to work are just too cumbersome to deal with.  Which leaves me with....nursing wear?  I don't have much of that either.  So unless I wanna stroll into clinic with my Lululemon shorts and nursing tank tops on, I gotta find myself new clothes.

Oh, did I mention that I have absolutely no fashion sense?  I had the mom look down even before pregnancy (or as a fellow schoolmate once coined it the "geriatric chic" look).  So even before I went shopping yesterday for clothes, I was pretty confused about what I was going to do.

Enter the Maxi skirt.

I can't believe I had not thought about getting more of these before?!?!  The ones I bought are made of stretchy breathable jersey material which makes the waistbands extra generous.  Maxi skirts also tend to come in S-M-L sizes so you don't exactly have to "worry" about how large you've gotten or what not (not that I have time to worry about that anyway!).  Plus, they are meant to be floor-sweeping lengths which works for me professionally (read: no need to worry about not having time to shave my legs today).

I ended up buying these guys, basic colors and patterns to mix and match with tops that I got and also what I already have at home.  Gotta love Nordy's.



Note: I opted to go for the maxi SKIRT and not maxi dresses to improve "access" concerns for pumping.




No comments:

Post a Comment